Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I'm ready for a fish fry...

I'm only a few days outside of my hardest stretch of fishing in my life. Sounds like I've been digging ditches, huh? All kidding aside, I enjoyed the competitive side of kayak fishing and I can't wait until my next tournament. For the time being I'm planning a trip for Friday where I'll be chasing a fish not very common in our area, a beautiful fish called "yellow perch." I've read that there is a spot close by where there is an abundance of the tastey fish with some rather large ones mixed in. I've caught these before on several of North Georgia's mountain lakes but never in our area. Hopefully I score and we'll have a fish fry at mom's friday night. I'm going to hold off on letting the location out until I return but the change of pace by going after panfish will be a relief to my shoulder. I have fished this water in the past and I know it has some nice spotted bass so if the perch aren't hungry I can change my plan and go after bass. Perch, from my experiences with them like to hug the bottom that has grass and they'll take small jigs like Lindy grubs, worms, minunows and small jigging spoons...I'm sure I'll try all of those. I'll definitely have a cooler on my yak and hopefully I will call Amber to pick up some fish batter and hush puppies. Feel free to call me for rates for fishing trips on our local rivers for trout, bass and maybe...Yellow Perch. Until then, Tight lines and God bless. Jim Ware Rivergoat Kayak Adventures Rome, Ga 706-936-9164

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that’s the way I always wanted to come over such a wonderful platform where I could satisfy myself regarding my issues. I found answers of all most of my check list I prepared after having a lot of confusion. Great job.
    algarve fishing services

    ReplyDelete