Monday, March 16, 2015

Believe half of what you read and none of what you hear...

Day one of the Kayak Bass Fishing Open starts at 6am. I've had 2 days of practice and I stuck to the plan that I'd developed from reading articles, YouTube and verbal communication. At 1230 today I'd only caught 3 fish...2 drum and a sardine sized largemouth bass. I was severely frustrated and i had to make a change. As I sat there on this beautiful lake drinking a bottle of water I decided...scrap the plan and just go fishing, just like as if I were home. I paddled a while and saw a place that looked "fishy". I tied on a lure that I use regularly and made a cast. ...1 14" bass bit and I landed it, on the fourth cast a 16" was caught, a hundred yards away another similar spot yielded a 19.5" bass. Overall, I caught 6 in about 3 hours. I have a plan that's not new or technical. It's what ive been doing for most of my life. Just plain ol fishing. Tomorrow the fish probably wont be so cooperative. But that's fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment