Monday, March 23, 2015

It's just a little boat and a double bladed paddle...

As a kid, I was accused of day dreaming, lollygagging and not paying attention. As an adult that is called a wanderer ...a free spirit if you will. I'm not much on labels but I'll accept that one. I am proud of my wandering ways. I have seen many things that a lot of people have never seen. Some of these things would bore people, some would scare them and yet others would be amazed. I am sure that most of you have witnessed things that would be equally amazing to me so I'm not attempting to convince anyone that I've "lived" and you haven't. This blog is for people who haven't a clue how to experience nature but really want to or for anybody that loves nature and fishing. I will write about my adventures and rarely do they take place more than a few hours away from home. They will involve a few necessary tools which are hiking boots, backpack, kayak, shelter, fishing gear and passion. If I can spark someone's curiosity and get them to climb in a kayak so they can explore some waterway that they've only seen from the road, you know, that stretch of river you look at on your drive to work and wonder just what's around that bend. If that happens then my blog is a success. Kayaking has single handedly changed my life. I am a better person and fisherman. I am closer to nature and I am happier because of a simple plastic boat and a double bladed paddle. I hope you all enjoy my trip reports, fishing stories and hopefully my sense of adventure. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment