Thursday, April 2, 2015

Just a normal day around here...

Today I start back on my regular work cycle. I'll work a string of 7 midnights, off 2 days, 7 evenings, off 1 day, 7 days and have another long weekend. I, like everyone else I work with dread that first midnight shift. I handle that dread usually by making the most out of my day. I usually go fishing and I did exactly that today. I didn't catch anything big but I had several positives that happened. I caught a bass on a bait I was less than confident about. It's called a Doomsday Turtle and it is simply put, a rubber turtle. The creator told me that bass hate turtles and will strike at one even if it isn't hungry. The bass inhaled the lure like a piece of candy and made me a believer. The next positive or should I say interesting thing that happened was a small flock of redhead ducks were feeding in the back of a cove. I got too close to them while fishing and they flew off but not without making a couple of flyovers. Each time they passed over the back of that cove they'd drop 8-10 piles of crap exactly where they had been feeding. I have no idea why they did this and I'm definitely going to research it. The next thing was I had the pleasure of meeting two different kayak fishermen , we shared some fishing stories and I invited them to check out a local kayak fishing club called Reel Krazy. This was the second time in 3 days I've had the pleasure of sharing stories with a fellow kayak fisherman. The last and best thing that happened was I met a 75 year old man named Mr. Day. He is an avid trout/fly fisherman and he invited me to the next Trout unlimited meeting. I feel almost ashamed that I'm not already a member of TU but Mr. Day said a number of positive thing about this group and I've had first hand experience with the work they do on many of our North Georgia trout streams. Mr. Day was also interested in my kayak and asked a lot of questions ranging from rigging to the fish I'd caught out of it. I tried to get him in a boat because any angling group could benefit from a man with his wisdom. Like I said, It was just a normal day around here. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment