Monday, May 18, 2015

14th Wedding Anniversary

I knew her, I'd seen her around and she was my best friend's wife's cousin... I was divorced the summer of 2000 and I wasn't going to jump into any sort of relationship but sometimes we have no control over a certain force called love. You may argue that love is an emotion and I'd agree but when it controls your thoughts and actions then, my friends it becomes a force...a very powerful force. My friend Mike and his wife Kellie introduced us shortly after my divorce and at that first meet she had me with the hip huggers and platform's. I tried to take it slow, I really did but after about three days I submitted to the force. On our way home from one of our first real dates Amber told me, "You don't know it yet but you're my boyfriend"...and that was the beginning of what we are now. Tomorrow, 19 May we will celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. The smokin hot girl I saw that night at Mike's house has a very complex system of innards. She is so smart that its scary, her heart is huge, she's talented and determined. Amber takes no shit off of anyone, including me. As a matter of fact, I have had to adapt to quite a few things over the past 14 years the worst being watching reality shows...the cheesier the better in her eyes. I've wondered on occasion what all has "she" had to adapt to, I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. First off, I'm an addict...I've been addicted to alcohol in the past and somehow she had the patience of Job and hung around while I made mistake after mistake. That was hard I'm sure...Amber sat beside my hospital bed while I was in a coma from a car wreck wondering if I would wake and if I did, would I have any permanent handicaps. She never waivered and I know she would have adapted to what ever the end result required. This girl is my biggest cheerleader and my harshest critic. There have been times over the past 14 years where both of us were ready to throw in the towel, there have been moments of absolute pure hell but we have taught each other about ones self, we have loved like there wasn't a tomorrow and we have succeeded in everything we have set out to do...everything. It has been one hell of a ride and I'm personally excited to see what the future holds for us. So, Happy Anniversary to Amber and continue to kick ass at everything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment