Monday, October 31, 2016

The Visit



A few years back I had the weirdest thing happen… this is a true story.
I woke up on a Saturday morning and went into the living room where my wife was. As I laid on the couch watching a fishing show on TV I recollected a dream I had the night before.

 I walked into a restaurant reminiscent of a Denny’s with the large open ended vinyl covered booths, I sat down in the booth and there was a large one layer birthday cake on the table. I wasn’t sure of who’s birthday it was and I remember being really confused because I couldn't think of anyone that I knew that was celebrating a birthday. My aunt (Annette) came and sat beside me with a huge smile and gave me a hug, “Hey baby, how are you”  , she said. I was still wondering whose birthday it was and I don’t think I answered. Then I felt someone grab my shoulders and start squeezing them, like I’ve had a lot of older people do when I was younger. You know, like when someone is really glad to see you. I turned and saw that it was my deceased grandfather. I immediately thought, what the crap man, you’re dead. I couldn’t respond to his greeting of, son, how the heck have you been? The dream was over. What struck me that morning was, why in the world did I dream about my grandfather?
   I then relayed the same story to my wife and she asked if I had been on Facebook. I  hadn’t had time to look but she told me that my cousin Lee had posted earlier that morning a happy birthday to Carl Lemming, our grandfather. (I couldn’t have told you what year, month or day that he was born if you’d waterboarded me before that moment) the coincidences chilled me to the bone and to this day I have no explanation…  paranormal or hidden knowledge released in my sleep. They say it was his birthday party that I was at.

*This was the weirdest thing I've ever witnessed...I did call my aunt to make sure she hadn't had the same dream, thank God she said she didn't.*

No comments:

Post a Comment