Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Redfish Magic

· This fish was caught in St Joe's Bay/Cape San Blas Fl. In Oct 2007. This was my first full day of what has turned in to 7 1/2 years of sobriety. Two days before I'd been arrested for DUI, my life seemed like pure chaos and at the moment I wasn't liked very much by my wife. I needed to go Fishing. I waded way out onto a turtle grass flat, the sky was cloudy and it was so quiet. The only sounds were birds and the random splash by baitfish. I'd not caught much at all and found myself praying. I asked God for help, guidance and forgiveness. I had made a cast and as I watched my lure getting closer a huge violent flash and swirl erupted. A long fight ensued and when I landed the fish a calm was over me. There was no doubt that God was telling me , "I'm here" and"it's all good." I cried so much as I waded back in. I knew I had it in me to fix this mess and change my life. I'm still a work in progress as a Christian but if you're having problems, Go Fishing! After all, since the days of Simon Peter, Jesus has touched a lot of men while they fished. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment